Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall's Welcome



This year we welcomed Fall with a skinny-dipping trip to the lake. We thought we'd better get our fill of the beach while it's still warm. Turns out we were the ONLY ones to have this idea. The beach was all ours, and Luke splashed and threw mud to his heart's content...until we had to leave, of course. And then nobody's heart was content within a square mile of this screaming boy. sigh. All I can hope is that the memories we're creating at the beach will stick better than the trauma of leaving the beach.


To continue our celebration of Summer we are going to pick raspberries at Helene's this evening, and I'm spending the afternoon reading on the deck during Luke's nap (even though I have a counter full of produce that's begging to be canned). I am embracing Summer perhaps a little to strongly now that it's gone. If only Summer could last all year! I'd settle for maybe eight months...or ten.


1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on raging against the fleeting of the summer. Sit and read outside while you can.

    And of course, the nude shot of Luke is just priceless!

    ReplyDelete